Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Monday January 28, 2013 at 18:30
Audiophiliac
August 2006
I am guessing that he does not have the depth even for the service tracks, otherwise he would have obviously chosen them....uuuunless he is not installed a MA rack. I doubt SN@P racks or any others have the pre-threaded holes for the MA service tracks.

At any rate, I wish I could find some photos of a super stupid TV lift/cabinet install I had to do. They cabinet builder left zero room for cables. There was maybe 3/4" between 2 panels of wood that our cables had to rest in. The problem was that when the lift lowered, the cables would get bunched up and tended to not clear the mechanism as it closed. So we came up with an idea similar to what is being discussed here. We anchored a spring at one of the lower corners of the cabinet and attached the other end to the bundle of wires. We used a spring with just enough tension to pull the cables down as the lift lowered to keep them from snagging or binding up on things. Worked awesome! For about 2 years. Then one of the mini RGB cables (bundle of 5 in single jacket), broke. Luckily there was one extra....whew...but it will happen again. I no longer work there and feel bad for whoever has to muck with that mess. It hurts my head thinking about that ridiculous cabinet/lift!!! The other guy who helped me do the install no longer works there either. :)
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse