The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday January 21, 2013 at 18:16
Tom Ciaramitaro
Loyal Member
May 2002
Ran into the first of these last week and it burned a whole bunch of my time. It is the new Xfinity box that currently records 4 channels and is later going to do 6, with whole house DVR capability. I am sure I will be seeing more of them.

Didn't see any codes in URC or MegaList that worked. I began learning them into URC MX880, but five codes would not learn at first. Tried the RTI learner, and NONE of the codes worked after downloading. Went back to the 880 for learning. Had to press the oem remote button then bring the remote into learning position to get them to work.

Each button ultimately worked, but I found the favorite macros would work several in a row, then a few more tries would have digits that repeated, killing the macros.

I am not a "hex-pert" so wondered what you would do with such codes. Do you call them good because the individual buttons work fine? Do you examine them for anomalies in the hex codes that can be cleaned up?

After 20 years of Comcast boxes working 100% reliably, I am hoping this is not a new (bad) day for integrating these boxes.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse