The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday January 20, 2013 at 10:52
jforget1
Long Time Member
June 2004
My parents decided to upgrade their sound systems with their plasma. I am helping them out but I ran into a snag. I got the Sony BDVN890W All in one system. Overall I like the system. I also got them a Logitech Harmony 650 remote. Have it all setup but the problem I am having is the input selection on the Sony system.

When I change from one activity to another it is landing on the wrong input.
If I go from Watch TV to Watch a DVD, it should toggle thru the input 4 times to go from HDMI1(Fios) to the BD/DVD but it seems to only be doing 3 and continually ends up on the Audio input which is last on the list and one shy of BD/DVD. Similar thing happens when I go Watch a DVD to Watch TV it again ends up on the wrong source.

Unfortunately when I check the key list for the Sony remote, it has no discrete input option. I tried to teach it from the Sony remote, but that remote does not seem to have discrete buttons either. I have checked the settings in the app and there are the same matching inputs, and they are in the same order.

Is there any way I can change a setting in the option on the harmony to either use the proper click sequence so it ends up on the proper input when changing activities. Preferably would be a way to use discrete inputs so it goes right to the proper setting.

Any help is appreciated.
Joe

Hosting Services by ipHouse