The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 16, 2013 at 00:09
phillyc
Long Time Member
February 2003
No one in the Complete Control forum seems to have one of these yet, so I'll re-post here and maybe some of you installers can help with this:

I'm doing CCP programming for a new MX-890 (which will arrive this week), but have run into a problem in working with button layouts.

This is done in Page View. There should be an easy way to swap buttons between the pages of any device. I can swap within a single page OK, but not from page to page.

There as yet is no programming manual specific to the MX-890. So I am using the general CCP manual, as well as manuals for a couple of other models. Each shows slightly different ways to swap buttons between pages, the later models using the Alt or Alt-Shift keys. But the only thing that happens is a Paste Special dialogue comes up, which has no option to swap. If I do try to use it, odd things sometimes happen --- like other buttons disappearing, losing the ability to add a button to a page, and losing the ability to swap on the same page. If I fiddle with this long enough, the program crashes.

There is a workaround, but it's a lot of extra work and a real pain.

There was a software update from URC yesterday, but it had no effect on this problem. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks.

Phil

Last edited by phillyc on August 30, 2015 11:56.

Hosting Services by ipHouse