The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Friday January 4, 2013 at 13:58
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On January 4, 2013 at 12:14, Drexal said...
With reference to point 4a of the original post,

My router is configured to be used as a DHCP server from 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.254

So am I right in thinking that my TSU9600 and my RFX9600 should be assigned a static ip address which are after .254 ?

I personally would reduce my DHCP pool for starters as I'm sure you don't have 252 devices on your home network that need an IP address. :-P It's generally a good idea in my opinion to limit your DHCP pool leaving just enough breathing room for any guest devices which may need to get up on your home network from time to time. Any IP address range within your 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254 is fine for your DHCP pool. Whatever you want. My DHCP pool only allows for 11 IP addresses, most of which are reserved for devices which don't offer the option to assign a static IP with a couple extra to spare for guests that stop by the house from time to time. Anything outside your DHCP pool is fair game as far as assigning a static IP. Keeping static IP's outside your DHCP pool prevents the possibility of an IP address conflict obviously.

Last edited by Lowpro on January 4, 2013 14:20.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse