The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Tuesday December 4, 2012 at 07:02
Scott
Founding Member
July 2001
I have a harmony one, and have managed to get most of the discrete codes in. I did try and get Logitech to put them in for me, but unfortunately since my remote was more than 90 days old, they would not even answer my email without my agreeing to pay the $29 per incident fee.

I was able to get most of the desired codes in using a work a round:

[Link: avforums.com]

That being said, I do not know much about the URC R40, except unlike my experiences with Logitech's less than wonderful tech support (I have had recent issues with other Logitech products where they do not even seem to read my support emails, before they type an unrelated answer), my experience with URC has been wonderful.

I have 3 URC MX-500's which I still use and love, although using a Harmony One in my main viewing area.

They stand behind their devices and over the years I have dropped and broken the MX-500's several times. I have tile floors and not uncommonly when dropped the backlight mechanism breaks.

Sending them the remotes has yielded wonderful results with them fixing and sending back the devices way after the warrantee period was over (5-10 years later). I wish more companies stood behind their stuff like this. In.one instance they even sent me a brand new remote, and the original was more than 5 years old I think.

Hosting Services by ipHouse