The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday November 24, 2012 at 11:53
clinresga
Lurking Member
November 2012
Apologies in advance for encroaching on a pro's forum but I'm kind of out of options. We installed a rather pricey Q50-based home system back in 2009. Recently, I've had problems--a dying battery (and on this forum I found the link to ProntoWizard and will order one), and more importantly, the need to reprogram the system for a new TV to replace the one that just died.

Of course, when I started trying to address this, I found that 1) my former installer is out of business 2) Nevo is out of business and 3) the TV manufacturer (NuVision--and please don't laugh too hard at me, I now realize I was scammed by the installers into buying a poor performing, overpriced system) is out of business. How's that for three strikes on my purchase decisions? What an idiot.

I want to replace the dead TV. Is there any way to reprogram the Q50? Does it even support recent TV remote codes since it's been out of production for years? Is there any installer in the Atlanta area who still can access the software? Or should I just suck it up and move on?

Hosting Services by ipHouse