The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Saturday November 24, 2012 at 10:27
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 29, 2012 at 22:23, Ernie Gilman said...
Regading the comment on impedance two posts ago, see this about the UHF connector from Wikipedia:

That's worse than any suck-out, and yes, it will work.

There's a number to call before digging, and some places even put up bulletin boards. It's 811 or www.call811.com/. Maybe the cable guy was a dick because he's a dick AND he had to do this service call that might have been avoided.

From The Spirit of The Laws, Montesquieu, 1748. I LOVE it when someone here makes me look something up and learn!

I only put the UHF connector on as a temporary "get it connected until the cable guy shows up tomorrow" step.

The cable guy WAS a dick, according to my friend, the landscaper. Steve gets along with everyone and he wanted to deck the guy. He knows about Digger's Hotline but the idea that the cable would have crossed that way seemed so unlikely, AND it seemed completely unlikely that it would have been buried only as deep as the sod. Whoever laid the sod may have un-buried it and/or cut it when they worked their magic- hard to say without having been there- I was called after it was cut.

"Carry on, Montesquieu".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse