Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Wednesday November 7, 2012 at 11:51
pend1711
Long Time Member
March 2012
Lyndel
I appreciate your reply but forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge. I may have to take your email and problem to my local computer shop, as I really do not have the knowledge or skill to deal with these sort of instructions. I thought there would be an easy answer to this. I have never come across a device that cannot talk to computers with ease.

So a couple of questions.
- Is this just a cable issue - that is the pronto edit just cannot connect to the pronto via the cable adaptor and if I get an older pc (so I do not need to use the adaptor) it will work fine?
- The keyspan adaptor (£24 on Amazon) will definitely work with vista and there are no other cables that also work. Is there no simple phono to usb lead available. - Do you know anything about the Tonto software for Ubuntu. I dual boot with Ubuntu and love it - is Tonto worth considering, does it get past the cable issue.

Thanks for your help - I am really lost and considering staying with the black and white version that seems to come with a more modern pc usb cable.

Andrew

Hosting Services by ipHouse