The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday October 5, 2012 at 15:11
isotack
Long Time Member
March 2010
I was trying to get a repeater...ended up with an extender from Tiger Direct for about $90.00. I forget which brand. I took it back because i wanted a repeater so i found out.

An extender or access point connects to your router and extends the signal into another area. The only issue was that it was an additional login point...in short the extender added another wifi signal to my network in addition and seperate from the current. I thought I didn't want this...then the guy at TD said that any router can act as an extender when added to a network. You simply have to disable the DHCP settings on the setup page for the additional router.

I had another old router at home...I installed it using these instructions [Link: speedguide.net]

... and voila...my desire for a repeater suddenly went away after i found that I could have an extender/wireless access point for free. Plus the signal is fantastic. Yes I now have two seperate signals covering my whole house and yard...but it's no big deal for me. I just have both saved in my wifi settings.
Cheers

Hosting Services by ipHouse