The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7,431 made on Friday October 5, 2012 at 11:57
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005
On October 5, 2012 at 01:17, Mario said...
So since I've never had to deal with this, I started to look for drywall repair guy.
I got prices ranging from $225 to $375 and more.

Sounds more than reasonable to me...if its going to look like it never happened. It's not just slapping some texture and paint. It will require retexture of a larger area to blend, plus repaint the entire ceiling to look perfect. It will also require two trips plus prep time each time.

What do you expect to pay someone to fix something like that?

300-500 dollars depending upon quality of work, texture type and paint quality/quantity. I'm assuming you're using licensed contractor, not the guys hanging out in home depot lots.

Another question for the group, I'm eating the cHost of this repair as it was all my fault; is that the normal course of business for most of you out there? 
Does anyone have any clauses about not being responsible for accidents such as this?

Mistakes happen, that's a minor one. Pay out of pocket. Insurance is for when you burn a house down, ruin expensive furniture, flood the place or have large quantities of product "walk" off a job, etc; not to fix a ceiling like that.

It's a hassle but it happens to everyone. I once slipped off a joist, landed right on a new in-ceiling speaker we installed and damaged the ceiling. Had to pay for a new speaker plus ceiling repair. Oh well.

Hosting Services by ipHouse