The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday October 5, 2012 at 05:56
darkages
Long Time Member
October 2005
Hi. I got a used 9400 And cant get connected to my wifi.

I have read through a lot och threads, until they started to repeat them selves.

I am suspecting a broken wifi on the remote, but says its MAC and tries to connect..., well that is what the remote displays anyway.

The network is a ADSL modem THOMSON ST780 with wifi and 4 port switch. To this I have a another switch, for more ethernet connections. I use DHCP, have almost 200 IP addresses to use, so no shortage there. 1 day until it releases the IP.

My SSID looks like this, TN_private_2D87F7. Use 802.11b/g, channel 3, I broadcast the SSID. Allow multicast, WAP-PSK:WPA, 10 character long password of capital letters och numbers.

Also tried open network, no password. Same SSID.

In PEP2.4.23.0 (under win7pro 64bit) I use timeout of 2 hours. Removed the Extender in Add Extenders menu (one is automatically added!) Use wireless & serial extenders and or... SSID, same as above (yes exactly the same). WPA encryption and my 10 character long password in passphrase. In Advance wifi I use default but have tried setting it to single access point and channel 3. Also tried Fixed IP but mostly DHCP.

My pronto also behaves weird of I off it (power switch). It wont come on (when I switch on) back right away, it seems to try but only succeeding after a while...
My latest try was to reload the firmware, to the same that was in there already, TSU9400Updater_V7.3.3-1.4.5. (Latest stable)(This was really scary as I know I might have hardware problems and the firmware might get stuck in the middle thus brick it but no pain no gain :) ).

The remote is just displaying: Connecting..., and a red cross over the signal strength icon.
But it did something when I tried no password, the connect text and icon disappeared for a blink of a eye but only to return.

What do you guys think? Have I missed something or is it prontos wifi not compatible or even broken?

/Regards.

Ps, I have had a battery replacement and now have excellent battery time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse