The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday October 3, 2012 at 14:19
rgbyhkr
Long Time Member
October 2002
On October 3, 2012 at 10:53, longshot16 said...
Remember you can control the dedicated touch panels. My programmer wakes up the touch panels in the morning to show clients their traffic cameras while they are getting ready. Much easier to do with dedicated panels.

Ok, so this is something I hadn't considered. You're saying that because the touch panels can receive commands, it can be triggered to display specific items, either based on a preset schedule or based upon actions. The iPad app can't do this because it, as a sandboxed app, doesn't have the ability to control hardware (wake from sleep, open the app, etc). So, it's kind of like push notifications - I can achieve the same result by manually navigating through the menus, but if I do that same thing every day at a certain time or after a certain stimulus input, why not just automate it? Just spitballing here, but a few potentials came to mind, tell me if these are not what you're talking about or simply not possible:

- Someone ringing the doorbell triggers the system to wake the panels and automatically show the video image from the front door so you can see who's there.
- A weather forecast is displayed every morning in the Master Bedroom panel at 6AM when the owners would likely be getting up.
- Incoming call on the landline phone displays caller ID on all panels

Seemingly, the options might be limited by your creativity, so I welcome any others people may have. This is an area where I usually fall short - I can dig miles deep into the tech, but I have zero creativity.

Hosting Services by ipHouse