The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 24, 2012 at 21:33
rm2077
Lurking Member
January 2006
Hi All…I have been a member of the site for quite some time and it has been a great resource for me in keeping my various pronto remotes going as my equipment and configurations changed over the years. Unfortunately I now find myself like many others looking for a good pronto replacement. My price range is around $1000 but could go a little higher if there was a very persuasive feature that I could not live without.

My criteria is at very least to be able to replace my pronto for control of an extensive one room home theater and gaming system. The remote would need some sort of touch screen for macros but be simple to operate. Preferably I would prefer a row of hard buttons below the screen to control fixed functions. I will need a remote that I can have complete control of programing by software on my pc that does not require an installer. I change my equipment around often and need the flexibility to change the remote around as well. A good template selection would also be nice.

I would prefer an RF remote with an IR processor by the equipment that can control a DirecTV Sat box as well. Basically if I am going to spend $1000 I only want one remote for everything. Even with my current pronto I still need a separate DirecTV remote that I hope to eliminate with the new set up.

Not an absolute requirement but a bonus would be a simple future integration with a Luton lighting control, Luton IR light switches, and HVAC integration. I do not currently have this setup so I need flexibility.

Any and all help is appreciated. So far all I have found that seems close is the ProControl 24.Z. any feedback on the ProControl is also appreciated.

Hosting Services by ipHouse