Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Monday September 24, 2012 at 17:42
BizarroTerl
October 2002
On September 18, 2012 at 23:50, Mr Griffiths said...
well i have been to and stayed in Turkey for over two months in total ... an Islamic country, it is not their way or die.

Turkey was a real eye opener ..

After seeing on TV and hearing such negative things about Muslims and how they run their countries.. Turkey is a tolerant, friendly country with people of great charm, humour and plenty of Christian churches if you look and plenty of people having a drink, playing music and having fun.

I spoke to many Turks both in tourist areas and out in the mountains and all want peace , I spoke to guys who have served in the Turkish army (as all young turks have to) all wanted people to just get along one guy a ex soldier who fought against PPK terrorists (kurdish freedom fighters from the other perspective). Sercan actually made a negative remark about a woman wearing a burka who walked past (she was the only one i saw in a burka in all my time there i see more in my home town in England) and he called her a "ninja fanatic " he was telling me how he has always been a Muslim , goes to Friday prayers and how they have great social picnics with the family etc , but in the last few years more are coming over to Turkey who do wear burkas instead of the Hijab he was used to for his mum and aunties etc.. and also more guys practising his faith in what he called a fanatical type way , he a Muslim of peace was not happy at those changes . Me and Sercan spent a few nights getting drunk on Efes (turkish lager), playing cards , back gammon etc we chatted about life , women , death , religion, politics , av gear etc The only difference between me and him was place of birth and religion .. we still got along and i consider him a friend.. Turkey has taken in tons of refugees from Syria recently..
so to tar all Islamic countries and all their people with the same brush is in my opinion a little unfair and a sweeping generalisation .

Don't believe that all Islamic countries want us to die.. they don't!

Irans leaders are nutters though !

The reality of your experience just doesn't fit with the black and white world espoused by Fox News et al. It is so much easier to just label an entire group than to realize the world is complicated and there are more answers than just yes or no.

Hosting Services by ipHouse