The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday September 3, 2012 at 23:12
iaw4
Lurking Member
September 2012
I own a Pioneer Kuro6020, a 3-year old Denon AVR (which is used only for AV), and a Panasonic DMP Bluray player for netflix+bluray. I may get a TIVO soon with primary use as a better HDTV tuner (without subscription). the Kuro tuner is slow and not very good at catching signals. over time, these components may be replaced, of course. the Kuro also does not seem to use standard Pioneer TV codes. I tried some cheap programmable non-learners, and they failed.

I have very simple needs:

* Kuro: switch on/off the TV.
* Kuro: volume control (routed through the Denon), up and down
* Kuro: channel up/dn and input
* Denon On
* Denon Off
* Panasonic: Play, Pause, Forward, Backward, Next Ch, Prev Ch. Enter, Netflix

under 20 buttons. I have the original remotes, so programming a learner would be easy. I can presumably put glue reminder stickers on it.

I already own a Logitech Harmony, but I do not like it. it wants to execute macros, and if something fails, it is stuck. battery life is modest.

I would love the remote to be shaped so that I know in the dark which way is forward and backward, and have good battery life.

I don't want a massive remote. I don't really want mode switching. I don't want complexity. I want something simple. 20 learned buttons in one mode.

ebay sells some old remotes, like a Pronto, Marantz, JBL, etc., but I could buy something cheap.

Advice?

/iaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse