The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Saturday September 1, 2012 at 17:35
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
On September 1, 2012 at 00:16, toffee said...
Thank you Lyndel for you help.  I am a complete ignorant on the remote stuff, so please bear with me.

May I assume the Pronto classic consist of TSU1000, TSU2000 and TSU6000 with TS6000 being the only one with color screen.  But RAV2000 firmware CANNOT load onto any of those 3 due to the IR codes.

Correct on versions and the RAV firmware cannot be loaded onto Philips remote, period!!!
What did you mean by Yahama code is "NEC"?  Assuming once someone do what you suggested, merging field and all.  Will the newly refigured codes allow the TSU to have fully functionalities of RAV 2000?

Yamaha codes use the NEC IR protocol. What I'd recommend is that you download ProntoEdit 4, find some configs with Yamaha IR codes and go from there. Also note that you should be able to open the Sample config that comes with Yamaha Rav softare (you should be able to find it in the files section) into ProntoEdit 4. At this point, you should be able to simply copy/paste IR codes from a spreadsheet found with many of the downloads for Yamaha codesets in the Classic Pronto Files Section.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse