The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 38 made on Friday August 31, 2012 at 11:42
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I just reread this whole thread. We sure as hell outputted a hell of a lot of hifalutin technical knowledge trying to solve a problem as old as the hills: too damn much rain in the wrong place!

From Post 18: It was an Adelphia system! That just points out that we should savor every stupid idiotic thing we run across, because some day we will reminisce and say "2012 -- wow, the good old days!"

On November 14, 2011 at 19:44, Innovative A/V said...
might want to check your resources on a cable network you want 0 at the tv being the best with a tolerance of + or - 1 to 2 db

I've designed antenna systems, always shooting for an absolute minimum of 0 dB at the TV, as that gave complete quieting of an analog system, but I usually presented +10 and never had a problem.

Cable boxes don't work quite the same, of course, but there's no way they could work properly over only that tight of a signal range.

And isn't it odd that we get pissed off at newbies when they dredge up old threads, when really we should be irritated with ourselves when we join in without noticing how old they are!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse