Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Friday August 31, 2012 at 01:53
BigWood
January 2004
WOW!, That was three houses ago. The problem was solved once I found the proper tool (actual knowledgable cable guy). We were out at the street pondering the situation and he deciced for the hell of it to open the box at the demarc. The water poured out as he pulled off the cover.It looked like a coral reef in there.

In continuance of the pondering he thought we should check the next box at the neighbors house. The water poured out. We did this through the neighborhood untill we got to the main above ground box. Total of 6 or 7 boxes full of water. After all was fixed the neighbors were joyus, evidently a problem for a very long time. My persistance paid off for everybody and I picked up a couple neighbors whom had me wire their theaters for them (very basic).

Once that was fixed i had to spend a weekend redoing the wiring in the can to make it look all pretty again.

The subject of the connectors came up way back at the beginning. I used compression fittings, installed properly. One of the knucklhead cable guys tried to tell me it was my connectors. The cable was theirs off their own truck. So i said since you brought it up, you can terminate them with your own. So I watched him and made him do them all. Pissed him off but hey, I wanted to remove all doubt. After that waste of time and MY money, what a shock no change.

I am glad that my persistace benifited others, as well as the information i gained from those here.

Very interesting thing in this thread is, guess who was the first one to mention WATER,.....wait for it......wait for it........M. Stanley!

P.S. Ernie we must break bread. There was no way I was going to make it out to LA from Laguna Niguel that night beforer 10:00 PM and then turn around and drive back home. Wanted to meet Brent also.

Last edited by BigWood on August 31, 2012 02:00.

Hosting Services by ipHouse