Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Wednesday December 14, 2005 at 16:28
tonera1
Lurking Member
December 2005
Mr. Banks,

I too am having difficulty programming my universal IR remote to work on the Bose system. As background I believe that I have a Lifestyles 28 system. I received the unit second hand so I do not have the manual and/or other items. The remote does not seem to work well, and must be directly in front and very near the Media Center display in order to work. There is a small black unit that plugs in, but I’m not sure where. Either into the “TV sensor” or the “IR emitter” slot. Neither seems to improve the remotes range. I thought that instead of replacing the remote at a cost of nearly $100.00, I would use my universal remote that came with my DVR to control at least the volume. That way I won’t have to get up and move to a position just in front of the unit just to change the volume, only to change more involving controls. I must just be missing a step. I have turned on both the “Send IR Commands” and “Receive IR Commands” options in the system setup screen. However, the remote never seems to pick up any “IR blast”, or whatnot, to program the correct codes. If perhaps you could email me back a description of what I need to do to either get the original Bose remote to work or to program the universal that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

Bose: Lifestyles 28 w/ remote control model# RC28T1-27

Adelphia Cable: Motorola DCT6412 III (DVR) w/ a seemingly nameless remote with no brand name just Adelphia on the bottom.

Sincerely,

Andrew Toner

Hosting Services by ipHouse