Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Monday August 20, 2012 at 22:59
Mitch57
June 2003
On August 20, 2012 at 09:46, TwistedMelon said...
If you don't notice latency in the MX-980's RF transmission then you're not paying close enough attention or you're using it in a situation where it really doesn't matter. It's there and is not a one-off issue. I suppose that it's possible a certain batch of MX-980's have a different board design where this is an issue and some don't, but this is highly unlikely.

It's going to be much more noticeable in an interactive situation and affects some protocols more than others, due to the content being transmitted. But it's there even when using triggers, so it's impossible to get rid of it completely.

Well said! The latency issue isn't related to RF interference from the MRF-350. I've proven this by taking it completely out of the picture. The bottom line is that the MX-980 itself has an RF bug. If either RF only or IR/RF are enabled on the remote you will see latency/laggy performance.

URC tech support has verified this bug and has an escalation report submitted on it. I just talked to them about it again today. The escalation report number is ESC-911 if anyone would like to call URC and confirm for themselves that there is indeed an RF issue with the MX-980.

Now, for those of you who aren't seeing this issue it is possible that you have a different board or different batch of boards in your remotes. I verified this with another dealer who is using one of the very first MX-980s and he says he doesn't have any of these latency issues.

The latency is less then a 1/4 second delay so perhaps those of you who say you aren't seeing it haven't really noticed it. Food for thought...

The response I got from tech support today was to just keep checking back to see if it's been fixed yet. At this point, I'm not holding my breath for a fix anytime soon, if ever.

Hosting Services by ipHouse