The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Friday August 17, 2012 at 12:27
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
On August 17, 2012 at 06:50, FP Crazy said...
99.99999% of my customers. I guess they all must be crazy , by your assessment.

If you are a custom installer, your customers are buying the solution, not the remote. You provide the programming as part of the sale. Completely different situation than what was mentioned.

As far as my not agreeing with URC policy of distribution of their software at the discretion of the dealer... They can do whatever they want, and I am free to disagree. However, that's NOT what I had the issue with. My issue is that they do not disclose this information or policy but are perfectly happy to see their remotes get into the hands of consumers that won't be able to use them. In fact they only communicate the opposite in all their documentation. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It doesn't matter that the documentation is out of date or out of line with current policy. As part of doing business it's their obligation to update that material or face the consequences.

As far as the phone dealings with URC and the warranty issues, depending on your local laws, you may be able to seek recourse from URC. Now INAL, but from what I know of consumer protection, their position as presented over the phone is illegal in some jurisdictions.

The Complete Control and all previous product lines are not at all the same thing as proprietary shop tools for factory mechanics. They are retail products and therefore are subject to consumer protection laws.

URC is honestly a dinosaur-like operation. Nothing I've seen, even visiting them numerous times at CES has lead me to think otherwise. The mainstay automation industry seems to be living 20 years or more in the past for the most part. There are quite a few exceptions, but they're not the big guns in the industry.

Last edited by TwistedMelon on August 17, 2012 12:35.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse