The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Thursday August 16, 2012 at 16:39
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On August 16, 2012 at 15:46, cgav said...

I'm all for someone being able to program the remote themselves provided they purchase the remote through the proper channels. I'd gladly sell someone a remote at MSRP and provide them with the software if that's what they truly desired. I'm ultimately more concerned with the customer being satisfied than having to program a remote.

I agree with this. I have no issues with supplying a customer with the software if they ask. To date, no one has asked me for it though. People that go through the proper channels can easily get the software. The issue is in whether they know to ask where they are buying from if they can have the software. This is the problem that needs to be fixed. It would be best to have it labeled right on the box that the remote does not come with software. That alone will cause someone to ask. I do have an issue with the person who buys it on Amazon to save money over what it is supposed to sell for and then wants the software and berates the company because they will not give it to them. For some I feel bad, but honestly, just return the remote and purchase from an authorized dealer that is happy to give you the software. I also would not have a problem giving software to someone whose dealer went out of business providing they provide proof they purchased it from that company.

Hosting Services by ipHouse