The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Monday August 13, 2012 at 10:59
TwistedMelon
Long Time Member
December 2004
golden, I suggest you talk to URC about your theory, because from everything I've read over the years, including previous info directly from URC, you are incorrect. You need only casually glance at the manual accompanying the MX-980 and other remotes to note that URC specifically calls out that consumers may download the software directly from URC's site. There may no longer be direct links to the software on the current page revisions, but there is a responsibility on the part of URC to furnish the software if the dealer is unwilling to.

So maybe I should have been more clear. When purchasing the remote from an authorized dealer, the customer is 100% and absolutely entitled to the accompanying programming software (CCP in this case). The dealer should provide that to the customer or furnish them with a download link at URC for it. If they don't, then the customer should obtain the software directly from URC.

It's also plainly available on their site for anyone to download, along with older versions of stand-alone editors, simply not referenced from the download page(s) currently.

URC's web pages need work, but I'd suggest they spend their time/efforts on improving the product line.
https://TwistedMelon.com - Mira & Manta IR - Remote Control Your Apps

Hosting Services by ipHouse