The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday August 1, 2012 at 03:43
ChrisNightingale
Lurking Member
April 2007
Yeah I agree that the original Prontos were superb. Never had a single issue - the whole concept of "failing to learn an IR code" never occurred to me until I used the newer versions.

I'm even find that the TSU9600 struggles to learn some of the BDP-LX55 remote codes in particular the Power Toggle and Open/Close codes. It either ends up with a short code (in both cases the same thing) or something which the editor flags in Blue or Red (which I assume means something is wrong)

Are newer remotes that come with AV gear using a more complex IR code transmission or something (I don't really understand the way it fully works other than transmitting pulses)?

I might try again to hook up my original Pronto to see if I can get it to learn codes - I just bought a PCI COM Port board to see if that works better than the USB to COM port thing I bought.

Failing that, what about an external IR Learner. I was reading up on the Global Cache IR Learner (although even that some people have stated it doesn't learn all the codes)

Hosting Services by ipHouse