The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Tuesday July 24, 2012 at 15:36
Joonbug99
Lurking Member
September 2011
WOW!! all this "discussion" because a guy asked if anyone wanted to program his remotes. What if he bought the remotes from an authorized dealer and that dealer went out of business, as so many ofter do. What if the guy was willing to pay your "union" wage to program the remotes. If you use the argument "i'll be on the hook if something goes wrong" then your lack of confidence in you ability would make me look elsewhere.

Please do not compare your profession to those of doctors. That is just silly!! I inharited an mx-3000 that was stripped . I was able to print the user manual. I asked URC for the editor. They sent it to me along with an EULA which I signed and in a weekend I had my remote controlling my entire theater. I'm sure I could not remove organs or teeth with that learning style.

The fact is this goldenzrule.....just tell the guy no and you look and sound a lot better than you do. To go on a CI crusade is not necessary. I'm sure someone else could use the money the guy is offering. Make no mistake I hope you have more business than you know what to do with. You just sound bad.

Good luck to the OP.
ambition fades with evey wave
For the finer things in life. -kc

Hosting Services by ipHouse