The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Thursday July 19, 2012 at 10:29
Adjuster
Founding Member
July 2001
Can anyone who has used both the r50 and the r40 help me decide if the r40 is worth the extra $100.

I've had two MX-500's and only replaced the first when it got wet and I thought it broke. Turns out it came back to life after I received my new one! These remotes have served me well, but now they're showing their age... backlight issues, dead pixels etc...

Anyway, I've been looking at the r50/r40 and reading the threads (and wondering if Daniel is going to review the r40... Hint, Hint). So far button placement seems to be the biggest complaint about the r50. I know the r40 has macro editing and a different button layout, but I'm trying to see if there is anything else that could help me justify the big difference in price: r50 is currently $55 and r40 is $149 on amazon.

So any advice from someone who's used both?

Jeff.

UPDATE: After reading more of the user reviews on this site, I realize that the button placement and usability issues with the r50 are more serious than I initially thought. For that reason I've decided to go with the r40. When I receive it and set it up, I'll post my thoughts here.

J.

Last edited by Adjuster on July 22, 2012 12:59.

Hosting Services by ipHouse