The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Tuesday July 17, 2012 at 13:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I agree with the recommendation that you find a custom installer to help you work out what you want. That said, if they don't suggest a control system that uses RF from the handheld device to an RF receiving station, they are behind the times. IP control give you great possibilities too, but think about how you use a remote and be clear that a remote with buttons can be used without looking at it, because you can learn to feel which button you want to push, but one without buttons has to be looked at EVERY TIME you want to do anything (my basic argument with pad type remotes).

On July 17, 2012 at 10:14, lucasbuck said...
I was thinking about those keystone jacks.

Yes, they are neat, but thinking about them at this point is like thinking what kind of wheel nuts you want on your vehicle -- I like the big chrome pointy ones you occasionally see on big rigs -- before you work out whether you're going to have a big rig or an SUV. Or a Jaguar. Frinstance.

You might indeed end up with keystones, but just RJ45 jacks!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse