The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Tuesday July 10, 2012 at 03:06
SOUND.SD
Loyal Member
April 2006
On July 9, 2012 at 22:12, Fiasco said...
F Yelp. We have 3 negative reviews (1 a competitor shill) and 6 five star reviews for the bar. All 6 five star reviews were filtered off. To view them you have to enter a capcha phrase, hop on one foot and pass a field sobriety check before yelp will show them to you.

When asked why Yelp responds with the reviews are filtered by the computer because they came from accounts that are "too new".

However, the "too new" accounts that left negative reviews remain.

Unless I want to advertise of course.

I tell people to leave us a 1 star review and leave their positive review in the text.

This is exactly why I did NOT sign up with Yelp. I read some competitors reviews that I know do decent work and pay for Yelp and they had 2 stars. I immediately realized that nothing good could come from advertising to the market segment that writes Yelp reviews. A vast majority does not understand what we do or the cost associated with it and would write negative reviews. We also have good reviews from our target market but all have been filtered because the client that "gets it" doesn't have time to write Yelp reviews so their rare reviews gets filtered. Its a flawed system that can only hurt companies like ours and its just not for our market segment.
Bulldog AV - San Diego, CA
www.bulldog-av.com
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse