Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Sunday July 8, 2012 at 19:14
footVOL
Long Time Member
June 2008
Matt,

Wasn't trying to argue, I apologize if you took it that way. All I was trying determine is why you thought I wouldn't be able to get assistance here. While I'm not new to the system (had it for year), I am new to this forum section. I have visited RC Central frequently and I always was able to get assistance with my TSU9600 programming on the Pronto forum, so that is why I was reaching out here. Sorry for the confusion or if I offended.

K,

Why does anyone take on a project that they aren't qualified for? Most of the time they don't know they aren't qualified for it until its too late. I was the first project on Total Control that they had done and while they had gone thru all the training, they still were really green on CCP Accelerator not to mention URC still had a TON of bugs to work out on their side as well. There were 3 CCP Accelerator updates in the week they were on site because of bugs we found.

As to why they didn't give me the software, it boils down to they didn't want to let CCP Accelerator out because they didn't want to upset URC and so they could charge me more in the future. It has nothing to do with my technical ability (I am and engineer and work on IT/software projects for my day job). I have completely redone my programming to actually work the way they were contracted to do it, but couldn't. And while they didn't tag me for all the hours, I still got tagged pretty well.

Hopefully that addresses the history, the really important issue to me is solving the problem with the TKP-100. I am at a loss. I can discover it, assign it and even query it, but when I try and check FW version or upload is when I get the error. At first I thought it might be the programming, but since I can't even query the FW, I am fairly sure it isn't a "me issue".

I have taken all the typical steps to eliminate as much as I can (cable, IT, IP conflicts, programming, comms, etc), so I'm at a loss.

T

Hosting Services by ipHouse