The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday July 5, 2012 at 13:55
Darnitol
Universal Remote Control Inc.
June 1999
Total Control is a new product line that greatly simplifies programming a whole-house system, and adds new products and capabilities to enhance the whole-house system. Although there are a few products that work in both product lines, Total Control is mostly a set of new devices that are designed to be programmed as a whole, not as stand-alone units.

So, don't look towards Complete Control to understand Total Control. Yes, Total Control includes iPhone and iPad apps for your clients to control their systems, but it means even more to you, the dealer, in terms of your ability to design a profitable system to install. We've got some very cool things in the pipeline that you'll learn about at training (but I'm not allowed to talk about here).

Complete Control is all about maximum flexibility, where Total Control is more about integrating the design and programming process. For example, most Total Control devices can be programmed off-site by the dealer, reducing the need for truck rolls and allowing you to respond to customer needs more quickly.

But I'm just a product designer. You'll learn everything you need to know at training. Complete Control remains as a product line, giving you micro-level control over what goes on each customer-facing device, while Total Control programs whole houses much more easily, sacrificing very little in terms of what you can customize.
I'm a member of the Remote Central community, just like you! My comments here are my own, and in no way express the opinions, policies, or plans of Universal Remote Control, Inc.

Hosting Services by ipHouse