The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday June 28, 2012 at 20:19
WhiteVan Lifestyle
Loyal Member
July 2007
I just read through a bunch of threads regarding HBO and DirecTV.

I got a call from a client today asking me if I could meet the DirecTV Service Tech at his house to help troubleshoot the problem. When I arrived the Tech began telling me everything he had done so far to try and figure out why the TV (new XBR - Couple months old) would flash the picture (go black for a half a second)
It looked like a very short HDMI handshake kind of thing that would happen in no specific pattern. Sometimes every couple seconds and sometimes every five or ten minutes.
This all started when the customers original DirecTV receiver took a crap and they installed 2 new HR-24s in his house a couple weeks ago.
The tech switched those boxes and the box with the problem acted fine on the older TV while the box from the older TV picked up doing exactly what the other one was doing.
I removed everything from the system except for the HR-24 to the TV direct via the Existing HDMI cable and the problem continued. I then switched to a new input on the TV and used a new HDMI cable that passed Bluray 1080P without problem only to find the problem continued.
HR24 has the latest update and the XBR firmware is current.

Happens on all resolutions and resolution is currently locked on 1080i.

Any Ideas????

Oh and Brent is on East coast time and old so probably in bed before California beer thirty!
Sorry Brent! (Thats what you get for not answering your phone) ;)

Last edited by WhiteVan Lifestyle on August 14, 2012 00:23.
Safe 'n Sound Central Coast CA www.mysafensound.com [Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse