Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday June 17, 2012 at 17:23
Deepseadata
Long Time Member
July 2011
Thanks for the great questions, Tweet!

I said 500k because I didn't want it to sound padded. I bet it was €1m to be honest.

Most remotes have a Strix Systems WAP within 30' from them at all times. There are a couple remotes with docks about 10' apart. One remote is for that room and the other remote is for the aft deck. The aft deck has a WAP out there, too. They never go further than 30' from a WAP.

I have a couple cabins with their own WAP never further than 15' and they freeze up, too.

The 8x's are on their own VLAN and SSID with no authentication and WEP encryption. When the signal isn't reporting 0% it's usually no less than high 70's and often 90%.

Firmware 1.00.01.29

Once the remote is connected it's usually pretty decent. But when nobody has touched it for a while (20 minutes or so) I get the call, "remote's frozen again." I start a ping and sure enough.. it's dropped off the network.

I go up there and try a warm boot.. nothing. The only thing that cures it is a coldy.

Is there anywhere in the OS or firmware where I can tell it to NEVER turn off the wifi interface?
60% of the time I'm wrong all the time.

Hosting Services by ipHouse