The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Friday June 15, 2012 at 18:38
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005

Wasn't the idea of HDMI to make all this easier???

Surely you jest :-) It was never an intention to make our lives easier, merely to keep their content secure.

In any case I see some funkiness in your programming:

1. Your macro calls for device labeled Audio but your directory tree does not show a device called Audio. I see a device called Denon.

2. You're using an input work around on the Toshiba; i.e. TV PWR ON - Input - Digit 4. Do the discrete functions from Toshiba not work? And what is the actual named input on the Toshiba, Input 4 it seems?

3. Your DVR/Cable macro on the Watch page calls for the Audio device to switch to SAT/Cable however the DVR/Cable macro on your Listen page calls for the Denon device to switch to BD (that will definitely cause problems there). It also seems you are using codes from the Denon AVR-1612, not the 1912.

I'm going to send you another file. Do not over-write yours. Perform a Live Update on your editor. Save mine as a separate file and load it to the MX-900 and test it out. It will be very basic with Cable1, 2 and 3 as its only sources. The only macros will be for cable1,2,3 and OFF. Report back which one if any work. The difference is that each macro has a different input command for the Denon as I don't know what you're calling it in the Denon setup. I'm also sending a discrete input 4 command to the Toshiba based on what I think you are connected to.

Report back with what works and doesn't and also provide more specifics as to the exact Denon and Toshiba inputs being used; i.e. cable is connected to hdmi 3 on the Denon but what is the actual command on the OEM remote that triggers that AND you have the monitor out going to what input on the TV Input 4...is that HDMI 2 or what?

Hosting Services by ipHouse