The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Thursday May 31, 2012 at 08:33
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 30, 2012 at 17:00, crosen said...
I have speced a small subwoofer (Episode Cub 8) to be placed inside custom millwork cabinetry that will have a touch latch door. I am working with the architect to design the overall solution to ensure that the door does not rattle.

We have discussed placing foam at the contact points between the door and cabinet, but fear this will interfere with the touch latch operation.

What can/should we do to mitigate the chances of door rattle? Anything to consider with placement of the subwoofer within the cabinet? Specific placement of slots for sound to exit? Acousting treatment of the cabinet/door? Ways to pad a touch latch door to prevent vibration?

Thanks.

If it's a decent touch latch, the door won't move enough to rattle. If the doors aren't touching anything other than the latches, they shouldn't rattle at all. If necessary, a second touch latch can be mounted at the bottom.

Remember- a sub in a cabinet won't sound the same/as good as when it's in the open room. The cabinet space will affect the sound, whether it's front-firing or bottom-firing.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse