The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday May 24, 2012 at 08:54
Stew Pidasso
Long Time Member
September 2003
I'm installing a 60" LCD TV on the wall of a simple conference room. They want to use a wireless transmitter/receiver to display a laptop computer on the TV. The laptop sits on the conference room table with no way to get a cable to the TV without draping it across the floor. Visiting lecturers will want to easily connect their laptops to the screen with a minimal amount of hassle. I've seen several USB to VGA wireless interfaces, but have never tried one. Does anyone know if these wireless USB to VGA devices are reliable? If so, which one is recommended?

I had another thought, which was to install a wireless HDMI to HDMI transmitter/receiver pair. Along with the wireless HDMI system, I could provide adapters for converting DVI to HDMI, Display Port to HDMI, VGA to HDMI, and/or USB to HDMI. They could even have an adapter for I-Pad/I-Phone to HDMI, although it isn't compatible with 1st generation I-Pads or earlier versions of I-Phones. It seems like with this panoply of adapters, at least one of them would work for most any laptop and at least some I-Pads and I-Phones. USB to VGA adapters, and USB to HDMI adapters are suppose to work on most computers, except ones using 64-bit Windows XP, from what I've read.

The main thing, however, is to install something that is reliable, without running cables over to the wall, and I want it to be simple enough that a visiting lecturer could plug in their laptop and make it work without a lot of messing around.

If you've got any ideas or experience with this, I'd appreciate your input, including brands or models that are tried an proven.

Hosting Services by ipHouse