The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday May 4, 2012 at 19:19
tweeterguy
Loyal Member
June 2005
"We do not have a way for you to take the classes at this time. I checked with our training department and the reason they have the price of the class listed is to show a value of the class."

That's how it should be. They don't want just any joe-schmo eating up tech support resources just because he's paid for a class.

It is beyond me what purpose showing a "value of the class" serves.

It's so you know the price you should expect to pay to the dealer who you are affiliated with, but not an employee of.

I'm trying to think of any reason why it should be any different than it is, but cannot. I don't know your personal situation or skill set but realistically there is no incentive or benefit to a dealer or Crestron to just let anyone off the street into the training classes. Doing so opens up an opportunity for gray-market sales, poor design/installation/programming, loss of client base due to incorrectly installed and configured systems and the nearly predictable flood of tech support calls that will ensue.

Why have you not reached out to the local firms as I suggested? It seems like you want a career in this field without going through the process everyone else has.

Hosting Services by ipHouse