The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 49 made on Thursday April 26, 2012 at 06:01
mabrandt
Lurking Member
March 2009
I just recently purchased one of these from Amazon to replace an R50 that was starting to give me a lot of trouble on my frequently used keys. Most notably my FF, REW and skip buttons. Had no trouble setting it up as it is very similar to the R50 except for the maddening random erasing of commands while recording other commands. When you rerecord the one missing, the next key usually gets erased. The only pattern I see is it is usually the next key in line. It still shows something on the key when it disappears and still seems to be sending a signal, but it doesn't function. It allows you to record over it, without erasing, but I have found that it is better to erase the non functioning key first. I have also seen that if I erase the whole block of keys and rerecord all at the same time, it helps. Like all the curser keys, or all the FF REW pad. I just don't understand how they can release a product that does this. Hopefully, after I get them all on and they stay, I'll enjoy it and get the years out of it like I did on my R50. R50 was great, I just didn't like the ergonomics of some of the keys. The R40 has corrected this.

Hosting Services by ipHouse