Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3,012 made on Wednesday April 25, 2012 at 21:54
adsad
Lurking Member
April 2012
Nueatit:

Thanks for suggestions. If it is multipath (which I admittedly understand little about), it is:

a) a New occurrence, as the signal has been perfect until the last several weeks
b) Tuner specific: It does not affect my HDHomeRun. There's a few more feet of cabling from the amplified split to the TV than there is to the HDHR, but it doesn't seem material as no other channel is affected. As a workaround, I can watch CBC via XBMC on a PC next to my TV. It is able to tune the HDHR signals flawlessly

The signals are not really displayed accurately on the LG... 19-1 and 20-1 both report "good" signal and show a bar about 75-80% filled in. My HDHomeRun software shows 3 measurements:

Signal Strength
Signal Quality
Symbol Quality

Both 19 and 20 have 100% signal strength and symbol quality. TVO has a slightly lower signal quality (about 75-85% fluctuating, compared to about 90-93% for CBC). I have no idea what these measurements mean, but hoping someone does. It would be great if a small adjustment of the antenna position would fix the problem

Bruce H.Campbell:

What kind of TV do you have? Has the breakup started recently?

FWIW I actually display program information without issue on 20-1/5-1. So my tuner appears to handle that

Hosting Services by ipHouse