The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday April 19, 2012 at 23:02
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On April 19, 2012 at 22:35, audvid1 said...
i don't understand your question about pointing remote to equipment.
my URC mx 780 cannot work, because I did/could not program it.
i do not have to point the remote of the hopper anywhere, because, as I wrote, it works ONLY on RF for the satellite mode. It does emit IR, in the DVR mode.

goldenzrule, you asked: "If no, did you set all the equipment to RF in CCP?"
I did not enable RF in CCP. Can URC 780 learn RF codes also? If it does, it would solve my problem. I just tried it. I don't have any RF base stations. Therefore, it does not allow me to turn RF on. Besides, it is my understanding that the RF and base station system of the mx 780 is purely to transfer IR codes, via RF, without needing IR repeaters. Are you sure you know what you are talking about? Both your questions don't seem to make any sense to me. What am I missing?

I can assure you, one of us knows what we're talking about.

The MX-780 is nothing more then an empty shell until programmed. When programming, you have three choices that you may set as far as how signal is distributed. Those three choices are IR, RF, or IR and RF. If programmed to send IR, it will only send IR command. If programmed RF, only RF command are sent. If set to IR and RF, it will send the commands out IR and RF simultaneously.

The remote can only send RF signal to a URC basestation. The basestation emits the signal via IR to emitters that you stick on the equipment, or through its IR blaster, which simply sends the signal out the front of the basestation. The blaster is rarely used by most.

So, my question of whether you pointed your remote or not is not only a valid question, but the most common question when troubleshooting an issue where someone states that there is no IR signal being sent to components in their system, or any indicator flashing on their repeating system.

Last edited by goldenzrule on April 19, 2012 23:12.

Hosting Services by ipHouse