The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday April 19, 2012 at 10:18
dandirk
Long Time Member
January 2008
lol The mx-810 software is definitely one of those, for a consumer but designed by a techie...

Over-simplified and dependent on "wizards", features and options buried in weird places or some random wizard.

It can get the job done but it actually takes longer, because you have to navigate a wizard maze and figure out the proper order to ensure the settings you want don't get over-written or what ever... Been a few years since I programmed mine but I do remember there being an odd order to programming to get my system to work the way I wanted. Sort of reminded me of Windows 98, where odd things like that was very commonly a solution.

Heard they went back to a more simplified software which may look more complex but is basically the same features/options in less menus/pages. God I would love that, I dread reprogramming my m-810 just because the UI is confusing and usually I have to upload new config 10x because it locks up during upload (common bug I have read, well certainly common for me).

Hosting Services by ipHouse