Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Saturday April 14, 2012 at 21:20
RTI Installer
March 2002
On April 13, 2012 at 23:34, InHomeDemo said...
My point is not that companies shouldn't build products here in the U.S., but that there is more going on than cheap labor.

Cheap labor for items such as low end children's toys and dollar store items sends work overseas.

Cheap labor for electronics and higher end goods isn't that much of an incentive to send jobs oversees.

On the other hand, excessive regulation, taxation, and the lack of a skilled manufacturing work force is an incentive to send work overseas.

There are old timers retiring in this Country with no trained replacements.

Our education system is a complete failure.

If you want any subsidized education at all, a student should be required to pursue a job that is needed for the economy. Jobs like engineers, machine workers, and nurses.

The corporate tax rate should be slashed to fifteen percent.

Any regulation that doesn't make sense, like global warming, should be rescinded immediately.

That being said, global companies should have factories every where.

GM has plants in China, Toyota has plants in the U.S. A

global economy is good for everyone, unless a country is lazy and inefficient.

InHomeDemo
This is all over the map, I am sure you are trying to focus in on a point, but it sounds like you are trying to make a half dozen points in no specific order. Can you please fill in the spaces I have provided in your singular paragraph above so that we can understand what you are trying to tell us?
Never Ignore the Obvious -- H. David Gray

Hosting Services by ipHouse