The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 83 made on Tuesday April 10, 2012 at 10:41
NEZBO
Select Member
September 2009
On March 30, 2012 at 22:05, schlepp571 said...
The difference is actually palpable. All of the manufacturers chose a standard and designed their data transmissions to be maximized by using that standard. The number of twists per unit length is the issue. The green and orange pairs have different number of twists. We all know how HDMI is finicky at best with the cable. Implement it over twisted pairs and use a different standard than recommended, boom issues most of the time. Micro-reflections can easily cause the issues you bring up due to non standard wiring terminations. Not saying that it is causing the real problem. I always pull shielded cat-6 for any HDMI matrix solution as I had nothing but problems with non-shielded. For the last year (fingers crossed while knocking on wood) I have had none on 4 Snap 4x4 matrix installs. Best of luck with finding the solution.

+1

I would agree that it would matter. We do everything in B now and never use A standard unless it asks us to. I have switched from A to B on a Balun before and it started working instantly. I believe it has everything to do with the how the different pairs are twisted.
Better days are ahead
onesourceinnovation.com
Better days are ahead

Hosting Services by ipHouse