The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 37 made on Monday April 9, 2012 at 22:53
cpchillin
Select Member
September 2007
On April 9, 2012 at 22:38, Hasbeen said...
|

|
|

You've never been inside an auto plant.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  $20. is bare minimum what they should be making, the minute they walk in the door.  Most people wouldn't last 6 months inside an autoplant, especially in the summer.   

What do you have against a 20 year old kid making $20 per hour?  $20 per hour isn't that much money per hr. 

My dad worked in the plants for 2 years when he came from KY.  Before that he worked in Coal mines.  The plants broke him before the coal mines did.  

Autoplants are not easy places to work.

BTW.  Tier II employees make $17. per hr.  not $20.

You make mention of one union, which also happens to be a rather small one compared to others. Should a wire monkey that doesn't know anything make $20pr hr? That's how much electrical wire monkeys out here make. Working at the plant and in the mines is TOUGH work and you will never hear me say otherwise. The tedious nature of the work alone would drive me crazy on an auto line, probably within one shift. Living in the Baltimore, MD area you are almost guaranteed to know someone that worked in an autoplant. I happen to know quite a few and have heard stories that would keep me away. The politics of the unions alone are enough to keep me from going union.
Who says you can't put 61" plasmas up on cantilever mounts using toggle bolts? <---Thanks Ernie ;)

Hosting Services by ipHouse