The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Monday April 9, 2012 at 16:33
39 Cent Stamp
Elite Member
May 2007
On April 9, 2012 at 16:22, audioslayve said...
but then our precious gizmos and gadgets will double in cost. Then everyone will decide to gripe about how expensive things are. I dunno what the solution is

This isn't necessarily true. The reality is that they still need to sell products. They may be able to get $600 for an iPhone (my first iphone was that much) from a percentage of their customer base but others wont pay that. So our $200 iphone will be $250. Our phone contract will go up a little and instead of apple having 100 billion in the bank they will have 50.

There are 2 key differences between building in the US vs China.

Environmental Concerns

Labor

The problem with waste dumping is that we share the oceans and air. How much longer can we let China just kill the planet so we can shave a $100 off the cost of a phone?

The problem with saving money on labor is that we have millions of un or under educated Americans crossing their fingers for the 2 available positions at the coffee shop.

Tax the corporations until their suits bleed. Bring the jobs back to the United States where Americans can be paid a fair wage. Let the boogie man "communists" find someone else to build things for.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse