The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Monday April 9, 2012 at 16:06
juliejacobson
CE Pro Magazine
April 2003
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Indeed, some duds do find their way onto our site, but by and large I firmly believe we have the strongest editorial in the business, with exclusive in-depth pieces and some solid and controversial opinions.

They can't all be that way or we wouldn't get any traffic, and we wouldn't exist.

It's funny ... we get bashed all the time from manufacturers because we generally don't publish their fluff PR.

Yeah, sure, I wish we could have a little asterisk by the stories that you should really, really read -- whether they're gritty or controversial or funny.

I suppose I could post them here once a week or something?

Like this?

Stories worth reading:

image The next big thing in security, home automation and digital health technology could be IBM’s multitouch floor that detects family members, falls, intruders and other activity.View this story

Sonos CR200 Wireless Controller Sonos says it is discontinuing its CR200 Wireless Controller starting June 1, 2012. Sonos will replace it with apps.View this story

Vantage Equinox It's not a touchscreen, but a single-gang LCD keypad from Vantage that has a simplified user interface that mimics Apple-like experience. A seven-inch touchpanel complements the line.View this story

image Nobody really likes taxes, but the Internet sales tax is one integrators will benefit from as price will no longer be the major reason a purchase is made.View this story

image 2Gig appears to be the first to offer local DVR on self-contained security panels -- up to 1TB via built-in SATA drive. Service complements cloud-based solution from Alarm.com.View this story

Kaleidescape CEO Michael Malcolm tells CE Pro the Court of Appeal has granted it a temporary stay, meaning the injunction won't take effect April 8, 2012.View this story

image Best Buy reported a fourth quarter loss of $1.7 billion, which results in the big-box retailer closing 50 U.S. stores and cutting $800 million in costs by fiscal 2015.View this story

Kaleidescape CEO Michael Malcolm will petition to overturn injunction on movie servers in DVD CCA case, continue to ‘develop exciting new products and services’View this story

You know we're big fans of RC and participants here. Sorry I haven't been around lately. Will try to do better. Thanks for your support (usually) and you know where to find me ... (Ernie does, anyway) ... [email protected]

P.S., I still lurk, but haven't found much occasion to chime in. Often, I forward mfr-related queries to the mfrs -- like this one which I managed to get sony to answer ... [Link: remotecentral.com]

Last edited by juliejacobson on April 9, 2012 16:15.
"CEPro: your website sucks!" - Fins
www.cepro.com
[Link: twitter.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse