Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Monday April 9, 2012 at 09:18
Audible Solutions
March 2004
Research about "Mavens" aside, the point our friend from Texas has made strikes me as being both cogent and correct. You can have an opinion and make a recommendation without having a financial stake in the outcome. I'd suggest that those of us who play on these sites prove this even as some of us also buy into the nonsense that the information in the press is always and in all cases distorted and biased. People can and do separate the personal from the professional. Most of us prove this point every time we respond to some one's request for help. Yet we somehow distrust someone Else's recommendation or information as being biased.

Does Anthony base his opinions on BD on pecuniary interest? I think not. However, we do factor in his personal bias when reading his thoughts about hard media and streaming audio. However, one might pay attention to his thoughts on players or reference discs. Passion rubs both ways but interestingly, "Mavens" are not passionate. They wish to help but they don't seem to mind if you don't listen.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse