Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday June 2, 1999 at 12:00
Kelly
Historic Forum Post
Reciently the blockbuster video near my home has begun renting DVD's, of which I have rented quite a few. I have noticed one very unusual fact about nearly all of the DVD's that I've rented. They are all single sided, and have a gold sheen to the media (similar to CD-R disks).. I'm beginning to wonder if Blockbuster has an agreement with companies to mass copy disks for their personal use. Anyone have any information on this? I can't believe the DVD makers/movie studios would allow this. I rented 'A Bugs Life' last night, and it was single sided, yet according to DVDexpress, the actual released copy is dual sided. I was forced to watch the pan/scan version instead of the widescreen, which, needless to say, made me rather upset. Also, all of the disks seem to display a 'Macrovision' copy protection banner just before the requisite 'FBI warning'.. Does anyone else think this is strange? Should I contact someone to inform them about this? I know I'm not going to rent any more DVD's from Blockbuster, but the fact that they are doing this bothers me. Anyone else have any opinions on this?

Hosting Services by ipHouse