Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday April 7, 2012 at 18:44
Jeff at Zektor
August 2009
Amen brother. You are absolutely right. Some of the parents look at this as babysitting time so they can go to Walmart or Target. You can tell quickly the kids that get out and practice on the days when we are not on the field. Those same parents get pissy when their kids don't get to play more time in the infield. I have only had one really bad instance when a parent went nuts in a cussing tirade at another parent on the team. I completely agree that kids need to get away from all technology for at least a couple of hours every day.

My daughter will turn 10 in May and has been playing T Ball since she was 6. I began head coaching after seeing the first set of coaches not showing them proper techniques. Instead of complaining I decided to get involved and make difference. All of my teams have made it to the championship and we swept a three game tournament last November. Proud moment as a dad and head coach. My girl pitched 11 innings in three games with 28 strikeouts.

All coaching is a lot of work but extremely rewarding. I always try to integrate some life lessons about not giving up and never saying can't.

Happy Easter to all.

Jeff
Jeff Haynes
The CA Guy
Coastal Source [email protected] 619-889-3700

Hosting Services by ipHouse