Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Saturday April 7, 2012 at 10:01
Audible Solutions
March 2004
On April 7, 2012 at 05:25, gwstudios said...
The Crestron iPad & iPhone templates are very unique as the app stretches images when you change the orientation. I got so tired of trying to figure everything out, I simply created a separate landscape and portrait version.

Not to hijack this thread but I've been dealing with this issue. I've designed my iPad for portrait as it's what I believe works best for the devices I control. I'd rather have space for long lists of items than to spread buttons across the page. But clients insist on rotating and it has been a real issue irrespective of anchoring the graphic. I'm uncertain if this is because clients find landscape easier to use or because they like entropy. There is a new feature in VT-Pro properties called Anchor: where you can force the aspect ratio to static and more or less lock the position. The problem is that there is not enough length in landscape to fit the layout I use in Portrait.

There is an extension in Simpl Windows in the ipad symbol called rotation. Right click on the ipad symbol and select add extension: page orientation. I have not looked at it yet because I haven't had the chance to redraw the graphics for landscape. What I expect is to that based on the value from this extension is to be able to conditionalize which subpage pops up based upon the orientation.

In theory, you could do what EJ has done with his Command Fusion GUI and offer very different functionality based on the orientation. Currently I'm just looking to fix the layout issues rather than offer additional, different functionality based upon the page orientation. There does not seem to be a simple solution to this problem save to offer 2 versions that pop up according to orientation. If there is I'd certainly love to here about it.

I have had similar issues with the iPad--and I'm not using the graphics package you are. I don't know why your template is not loading. That is new. It could have been corrupted. This might have to go into TB. Or you may need to begin from scratch with the template. I have had issues where I could not copy a page or adjust properties at the default maximum page sizes. VT-Pro insisted that the maximum page length for portrait was 768 and would not allow any alterations to the page till this was fixed. Of course, this meant that the page occupied only 2/3 of the available space. All I could do was create a new page and copy from the old the graphics. I have not had this issue in a few months.

Image aspect ration based on rotation is an issue with Crestron's software as currently deployed. It is very possible that this was an unknown issue when the template was offered for sale. It's not hard to fix the issue on your own--but that assumes you can open the file. My guess is that this is not the designer's fault but it is possible you may need to download a new version if TB cannot repair the file.
"This is a Christian Country,Charlie,founded on Christian values...when you can't put a nativiy scene in front fire house at Christmas time in Nacogdoches Township, something's gone terribly wrong"

Hosting Services by ipHouse